Sunday, April 6, 2014

a week in pictures



^^ wagga wagga after work.

^^ I spent the first half of my week in canberra for work. I loved this yellow chair in my hotel room and snapped this touristy pic on the way to get burgers with friends.


^^ much of this week has been powered by downton abbey.. I wasn't much into this season until I found myself 3 episodes in. I sent this pic to tony who was having a boy's night (pizza, red wine and action movies) back in wagga. I've also started reading fashion magazines again for the first time in years! so far I'm liking elle australia, it's fun and no where near as aspirational/alienating as vogue etc.

^^ the last thing I saw in canberra before driving back home, with a black sesame milk tea in hand. 

^^ an exciting package from tokyo greeted me when I got back to the office. hello sandwich and I did an impromptu mail swap. I traded a few copies of our newest national weekend newspaper and some aussie essentials like silly gorman socks and tim tams, in exchange for some cool japanese magazines and some other goodies like special sticky tape.

^^ extremely satisfying rainy day baking. I used this recipe for coconut choc chip cookies for the first time and was very happy with the results, especially how uniformly shaped the cookies were! before cooking baking we finally got to see her at the movies and had burritos for lunch. it was a perfect day.



^^ coloured lights are strung up the 1-2kms of narrandera's main street. I've actually never seen them on but I like them all the same.


^^ excellent pasta from griffith for our saturday supper. I ran a writing workshop on saturday afternoon, and brought home dinner as a souvenir. we had spaghetti calamari and gnocchi gorgonzola, and I'll be definitely making a habit of this for future trips.

^^ and finally, some apple pikelets for breakfast. tony was very proud of his photo bombing efforts. one of my favourite sunday rituals is making a hot breakfast whilst listening to sunday extra, I try to time my sleep in so I'm cooking while my favourite segments are on.

p.s - my older sister has started a new blog, the moon bunny diaries that chronicles her days as a new mum. my favourite posts so far have been confessions of a party mama (so funny), adventures in kangaroo valley (I love a road trip in pictures), wonderful (a tribute to our late aunt on the anniversary of her passing) and she's so lucky (I've so loved the experience of becoming an aunt and it was really special to read about my relationship with my niece from my sister's perspective).

No comments:

Post a Comment