Wednesday, December 12, 2012


on monday afternoon I took a train to the mountains to meet the boys who'd gone ahead of me, keen to smoke some kind of meat on the bbq all afternoon. it was rainy and cold by the time I'd arrived and conveniently close to dinnertime. the rain was the misty kind that fell diagonally and I made one last stop to pick up some marshmallows before we headed to the house for the night.



the house was big and white with windows that looked out into the gardens. the loose plan was to hang out, cook and read. it was cold enough to light a fire and it felt like christmas.

I finished helen garner's the spare room on trip up. it was one of the best books I've ever read and I've since become slightly obsessed with buying copies for friends and family for christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment