Wednesday, November 28, 2012

lately there's been a whole lot of cooking and eating. tony came back from sydney with a copy of the cookbook his friend recently published and since then we've been feasting on homemade guacamole, smoked chicken, corn with lime mayo and the most amazing burgers. tony's been making his own condiments too! we had friends over for tea the other night and I must admit, it was strange to not be doing anything except sitting around and waiting for the food to be ready. well I did make cupcakes (using this most amazing recipe via little glowing lights).


when I was in sydney I treated myself to a little marimekko cup and now I'm determined to buy a plate when we go back for christmas. I love it, it's just my size.


things are winding down at work and it feels kind of strange. I guess I'm used to being in a constant cycle of production, finishing something but having something else on the boil or something exciting coming up. not long to go til my holidays start! thankfully the slow down has coincided with some very hot weather, which inspired some bircher making. nothing like a cold breakfast to start the day! I didn't have all of the ingredients so I chucked in some pistachios and used passionfruit infused yoghurt and it was awesome.

it looks like this weekend is going to be filled with early christmas parties - I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment